Traditional marketing channels like Television ads, billboards, brochures, and pamphlets have been effective for countless years. However, we have to admit, this is the age of all things digital. From renting living spaces to buying medicines, everything can be done without actually visiting the brick-and-mortar store. So, let’s talk about why Digital Marketing is such a buzz.
First things first, what is Digital Marketing?
While Marketing is activities undertaken by a business to promote the buying and selling of products or services. Digital Marketing is doing so with the help of digital channels. Precisely speaking, Digital Marketing includes all marketing efforts that use an electronic device or the internet. Businesses employ digital channels such as search engines, social media, email, and other websites to connect with current and prospective customers
So, why is Digital Marketing so important?
Some of us might remember the catchy jingles we heard on TV and the radio back in the ’80s or ’90s. For those of you who don’t know what I am talking about, Google it, I can assure you it will be worth your time. These advertisements were mainly aired on television and the radio where they had an ample audience. I think it’s safe to say that the audience to these channels has dropped over the years since the internet’s rise to prominence.
Digital Marketing helps a brand to reach the audience on these new channels. Let’s get a brief idea about these channels and how digital marketing works with them.
Social Media Marketing.
Shakespeare said, the world is a stage and we are all actors. Guess what is the spotlight on that stage?
There are countless posts by people all over the world about what they do, eat, like, dislike, etc. This means they spend most of their free time on Social Media channels like Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, and the list goes on. Businesses worldwide have recognized this opportunity and used it to their best advantage.
How can social media complement your business activities?
- Social media marketing generates awareness among people about your Brand or business. Products or services you offer and where to avail the same.
- You can highlight your product features by using text, images, videos and even just sound or the combination of all of these if you’re feeling adventurous. Whether its cardboard boxes or high-end gaming technology, all you need is creativity (or hire someone creative) to put your best foot forward when it comes to marketing your product or brand on social media.
- Interact with your loyal customers online. You can reply to queries or their comments. Inform them about a new product or service etc. without meeting them personally every time.
SEO (Search Engine Optimization).
Search engines are platforms where you search your query. Example: Google, Bing, Yahoo, Facebook, YouTube, etc.
Optimization is the act of making something fully functional or perfect. Therefore, SEO is the act of optimizing your site to increase its visibility when people search for products or services related to your business.
How do you do that?
While SEO might sound complicated, it basically comes down to the quality of content you post and improving user experience.
SEO includes activities such as,
- Keyword Research: Finding the best and most searched words to describe your business and using them in the right quantities.
- Content Optimization: Writing high quality content on a regular basis.
- Meta Tags: A Meta tag is an HTML tag that describes the content on a webpage. Having the right keywords in the meta title and meta description can help you increase your ranking in search results.
- Earning backlinks: Backlinks are links on websites other than your own. Creating content on your website that users would want to share is integral to this process.
Emails are one of the most powerful tools you have to market your business. You can definitely post content and gain followers and customers through other channels. But, emails have a more personal style. Email marketing campaigns enable you to reach out to your existing customers with a custom-made approach.
What can you do with Email Marketing?
- Create awareness about the products or services your business offers.
- Reward loyal customers with personalized offers and deals.
- Tell existing customers about the exiting new products/services you have in store for them.
- Communicate with the new sign-ups on your web page.
Printing pamphlets, brochures, or undertaking Television advertising is all fine and easy until you are not able to determine the reach of this advertising campaign and whether it was effective. This is never a problem with Digital marketing. There are various tools paid and free that help you track your progress and implement new strategies for improvement.
Reviews and ratings matter. When was the last time you went to a new restaurant without checking the online reviews first? Even though it seems adventurous to just try out new places. Not all people think the same. A good analytics strategy helps you monitor your ratings and reviews and gives you helpful insights as to how you can improve your business.
What did you learn after reading this long blogpost?
- Start having an online presence even if it’s as simple as updating your Google My Business profile with the right keywords related to your business.
- Reach out to your potential customers on social media. Post something relevant, follow like-minded people and showcase your products
- Tried traditional methods of marketing? Now let’s try the latest trends like Email marketing, SEO, etc.
- Start having a budget for your digital marketing efforts and keep a track of them.
We at Haztech Innovations have been helping businesses grow on digital platforms since 2015 by undertaking activities like Web development, App development, Digital marketing, and other activities. Get in touch with the Haztech Innovations team now to formulate and execute new marketing strategies and amplify the growth of your business